FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Pen Group Communications
Tel: (305) 529-1944
NIGHTLY BUSINESS REPORT’S TOM HUDSON TO SERVE AS EMCEE FOR ANNUAL FLORIDA COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION AWARDS
FT. LAUDERDALE, February 9, 2012 – Tom Hudson, co-anchor and managing editor of “Nightly Business Report” on public television, America’s most-watched daily business news program, will serve as the emcee for the 2012 Florida Communities of Excellence Awards, Friday, March 30 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Conference Center in Hollywood, Florida. The salute to the achievements of the state’s outstanding community associations is the culmination of the annual Florida Communities of Excellence Conference & Awards Ceremony, a full-day event for association board members, property managers and property owners.
At the NBR, Hudson has covered international, national, and local business trends. In the current economic cycle, housing values, the outlook for interest rates, and the pace of the recovery have been key topics. Tom also writes a syndicated weekly column that appears in the Miami Herald and dozens of other papers nationwide. Prior to co-anchoring NBR, Tom reported and anchored market coverage for the groundbreaking web-based financial news service, WebFN. Earlier in his career he was the host and managing editor of the nationally-syndicated financial television program “First Business.”
“Every night Tom Hudson comes into the homes of millions of Americas to provide the latest news and insights on business and the economy,” said Jim McMurry, publication director, Florida Community Association Journal, an Awards founding sponsor with Becker & Poliakoff law firm. “We're thrilled that Tom, with his local base and national and international perspective, will be joining us, sharing his thoughts on our economy, and saluting this year's Communities of Excellence winners."
This year’s Awards will recognize Florida communities in 10 categories including “The Comeback Kid,” for communities that have made the journey from distress to revitalization. “The Comeback Kid” is presented by BB&T Association Services. The 2012 categories also include:
- Financial Innovation (Presented by The Continental Group) - Policies and procedures to ease the impact of financial burdens during challenging economic times.
- Disaster Preparedness - Protecting lives and property, as well as for community restoration in the aftermath of an emergency.
- Florida-Friendly Landscaping™ - Environmentally sound landscape, wetland, preserve, and lake management policies, including Florida-Friendly Landscaping.
- Energy & Water Conservation (Non-Landscaping) – Energy and water management and conservation programs.
- Safety & Security (Presented by Envera Systems) – Programs to protect and ensure the safety of residents and property within the community.
- Best Website – Promoting positive community relations through effective communications.
- Civic Volunteerism & Advocacy – Supporting local and regional non-profit and charitable causes.
- Family Friendly Programs & Initiatives – Promoting family participation and well-being.
- Trendsetter Awards (Presented by Associa) – Innovation in any area not covered in the existing categories.
The sponsors of the awards program are businesses that are dedicated to the needs of residents of condominiums and homeowner associations. The 2011 sponsors include:
Diamond-Level: Associa, BB&T Association Services, The Continental Group, Envera Systems. Gold-Level: Association Financial Services, G4S Secure Solutions, OpticalTel, Orion Contracting
Silver-Level: Atlantic|Pacific Management, Aquatic Systems, BankUnited, The BCH Group, Campbell Property Management, Condominium Concepts Management, Empire Roofing, First Southern Bank, KW Property Management & Consulting, Nord Enterprises, PD Painting
The Annual Florida Communities of Excellence Conference & Awards Ceremony includes luncheon, educational sessions, and a gala reception and Awards Ceremony. The event is free for Community Association Board Members, Manager and Residents. For complete information and to register visit www.communitiesofexcellence.net
About The Florida Communities of Excellence Awards
The Florida Communities of Excellence Awards is a unique recognition program that shines a spotlight on the positive and productive initiatives taking place in condominiums, homeowners associations and cooperatives across Florida. Now in its fourth year, the independently judged program enables the top communities in the state to promote their accomplishments and raise their profiles while documenting their success and enabling others to learn from their examples. For more information, please visit www.communitiesofexcellence.net
™Florida-Friendly Landscaping is a Trademark of the University of Florida